A manufacturing facility employee manually bottling ketchup at the Heinz manufacturing facility in the late 1890s.
The H. J. Heinz Firm was a meals processing corporation headquartered at One particular PPG Place in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The firm was launched by Henry J. Heinz in 1869. The firm leased several structures until 1890. In 1884, Heinz obtained several plenty on the north bank of the Allegheny River in Pittsburgh. From 1888 by 1906, somewhere around 20 properties had been developed or acquired, primarily of wooden and beam development. From 1906 as a result of 1930, new properties in the advanced were being made of metal and concrete rather of wood.
By way of the 1930s and 1940s, quite a few surrounding homes and compact commercial properties have been demolished to accommodate parking plenty for the plant.
From 1999 to 2001, Heinz designed a 70,000-square-foot warehouse on the east aspect and moved its headquarters to downtown Pittsburgh.
On July 10, 2002, the historic complex was stated on the Nationwide Sign-up of Historic Spots as the “H.J. Heinz Company”. In 2005, the elaborate was documented as section of the Historic American Engineering Record.